Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Anchors, Dinghies, & Rum

So, I have to QUICKLY update you, because I have to catch a bus in 15 minutes!  We are car-free and have experienced some lively weather situations...thank you Tropical Storm Emily for dissipating.  I've learned to make a mean anchor knot (special thanks to Dr. Pomory for his intense knot course), set a Bahamian moor (which should really be a lot more fun, considering the name).  JB has ridden with an outboard motor between his legs and Mac climbing all over him.  He's been up the mast several times now, and even installed a new VHF antenna.  We've packed the dinghy with more than it should be able to carry and then had to row it like a canoe because our oar and outboard motor were broken.  We have also done completely nothing for a day except looks at charts and drink rum, which is such a relaxing and nice feeling.  We will be sailing the reefs off the FL Keys and only have internet access when we bike to a hotel or restaurant.  So, next time I will attempt to dedicate a larger chunk of time to entertaining you with tales of adventure and intrigue!;)  Wish us luck!




1 comment: