Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Here We Go!
Hi everyone!
So, I'm trying to be a little more tech savvy and apparently these blogs are pretty popular. I have to admit that I enjoy the few that some friends have created. So, without further ado...welcome to the chronicles of JB and Rach!:)
I also have ulterior motives behind this blog, as I want a venue for staying in touch with family and friends as we begin a new chapter in our lives. No...getting married last October was not the new chapter.;) We wanted to do that BEFORE the next chapter. So, we're married and ready to do what few married couples in their 30's would ever do. We're quitting our jobs, buying a catamaran, and sailing the Caribbean.
What does all this mean? I hope it means that you'll follow us on our adventure and even actively contribute by helping us choose island activities. I may be overly ambitious, but I'm hoping to post videos, maybe live chat a few times, and obviously share lots of pictures whenever we're in port and near some wireless internet.;) I think this will help keep me sane when the inevitable nuttiness of sailing starts to kick in.
Just a final note on our blog title: For those non-Bahasa Indonesian speakers, kaki batu dua means "stone foot #2", which has duel meanings for JB and I. First, it was my "nickname" in Indonesia after I was stung in the pinky toe by a stingray, and second, it seems a great name for a 2-hulled boat that we don't want to sink!!!
Wish us luck, and I'll keep you posted on our adventures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Excellent job, Rach! Seems you may not need that Blogging For Dummies book ;)
ReplyDelete